Easy bake granola that will be gone in a day.
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper or silpat
- Mixing bowl
- 4 cups oatmeal
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups coconut flakes
- 2 handfuls chia seed
- 2 handfuls flax seed
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Whole nutmeg we will grate this over the granola
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup Olive oil you may need more
- ½ cup maple syrup you may need more
- 2 pinches Maldon salt
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine the oatmeal, brown sugar, coconut flakes, chia seed, flax seed, Maldon salt and cinnamon. With a microplane, grate the whole nutmeg over the bowl for 10-15 seconds.
- Pour a splash of vanilla extract over the top - 1 teaspoon. Pour half of the olive oil and maple syrup over the mixture. Start mixing the ingredients with a spatula. Continue to add more olive oil and maple syrup and mix until, ‘It glistens,” says my wife.
- Spread mixture onto the parchment paper lined sheet pan. Should be spread out to be about an inch thick. Cook in the oven for 12 minutes. Take out of the oven and mix the granola. Turn the pan around and put back in the oven for another 12-13 minutes depending on desired brown/crispiness. Be sure to not overcook and burn! 🙂
- Let cool down before serving or eating.
Store in airtight containers. It will be gone within 3 days tops.